[SLUG] Mailmerge, debate

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 20:11:52 BST 2006

Hi ppl

I'm trying to do a mailmerge of a letter with data in a spreadsheet.
Open Office 2.0 Writer is so difficult to use I haven't managed it.
Well, I kinda have but not in the format I want, and now it just
crashes.

So I installed AbiWord, and that just crashes on mailmerge .. end of.

So, any recommendations for some software that actually fucking works?
I'm still on Fedora 3. Maybe that's my problem. Either that or
unreasonably high expectations.

Which puts me in mind of the possibility of a Vista versus Linux
debate next meeting. Are we up for that? The debate format worked well
last time. I'd be willing to propose for Vista (on the basis of
reading magazine articles though, I won't have installed it, so I'd
probably be better off seconding to someone who has installed it).

What would be the motion? This house believes Vista is redundant
before it's launched?