[SLUG] Mailmerge, debate

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Jul 18 12:07:16 BST 2006

> john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>> If it works, leave the damn thing alone.
>
> ... your clearly a glass half full person, so at what point would you
> start to feel it was broken?

It's broken at the moment when I want to do something and I can't. If
you collect sufficient of those tokens you get the prize of a
re-install.

The other thing is what I was talking about earlier which I haven't
had time to come back to .. the audio-in thing.

Having said all that, installing FC5 should be a piece of cake since I
did the disc partitioning thing to facilitate it. However I'd want to
do some serious backups before attempting it, so I reckon it could
write off a morning to get to a place where I still have to fix all
the bits I'd fixed in FC3 to get it to work properly :-) So, obviously
I'm resistant to that until it's absolutely needed.

Having said that, it's taken a fair while to mess around with the data
enough to get my letters out, so mailmerge would be nice.

Eeh, innit grand.