[SLUG] LPI

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 20:32:18 BST 2006

> Hello all long time no post from me (I think)
>
> I remeber (john I think) talking about LPI courses.
> Can someone tell me a bit more about it? Links cost etc.

Hi Fintan

Well, we're ambling along learning together. In the new year we'll
tackle 102, we've pretty much done 101
<http://www.lpi.org/en/lpic.html> but have yet to do the exam. Exams
are pretty much when and where you want them, apparently online
affairs you pay for. We'll start a new 101 course at the same time as
at least Dave showed interest and I'll publicise it more widererer er.
The benefit of all learning together, and the idea is, that we share
our notes so you get the benefit of other people's views and sources.

We are slow, no doubt about it. But if you want, start 101 and 102
with us in January, then you can smile smugly about being twice as
fast as the rest of us. Perhaps in a year or two when we've got four
streams going at once those who wish to proceed apace will take all
four simultaneously and we'll be able to have meetings by the glow
from their heads.

As for proper, actual courses, I know nerthink.