[SLUG] $100 computer

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 15:56:42 GMT 2006

> Hi
>
> Details of the $100 computer mentioned at last night's meeting are on:
> http://laptop.org/

Oh good "The laptops will have wireless broadband that, among other
things, allows them to work as a mesh network; each laptop will be
able to talk to its nearest neighbors, creating an ad hoc, local area
network." .. that's what I envisaged and thought would be a lost
opportunity if it wasn't there.

This
<http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2001/03/19/story6.html>
is the HP thing I was talking about, although it's interesting that
that story, the top one in Google for my search, is dated 2001.
<instantJudgment>Maybe it was something they mostly wanted to talk
about during their Compaq battle.</instantJudgment>