[SLUG] Death of Microsoft Office?/Valley

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 16:07:21 GMT 2006

Hi

We touched on the Web Word Processor on Monday, and it seems to have suddenly
become news.  If you don't know about Writely, they are on:
http://www.writely.com/  , and they have just been taken over by Googol (see:
http://www.searchenginejournal.com/?p=3083  ).  There is tons of stuff being
posted, see for example: http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/index.php?p=2695   .

I don't mind approaching the Valley people about internet connections, but I
think that, at this time, they would not like the idea of our leaving a
machine there.  Perhaps a more modest request, for example to use their BT
landline, if they have one, for half an hour or so, might be a better place to
start.

Bob