[SLUG] Gimp next meeting?

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 17:33:04 GMT 2006

Hi y'all

I'm no expert, but perhaps I use The Gimp more than most in the group
so I'd be happy to run through some of the things I know at the next
meeting, which is supposed to be about digital photography.

Would people be interested or not? I mean, it's not exactly Linux, but
then, it's half interesting. I've not a huge lot to say so maybe it
would take half an hour.

I'm thinking I'd run through how I normally process pics for the web,
straighten, crop, colour correct, perhaps retouch a little, adjust
contrast, resize and sharpen.

Then I thought I'd go through layers and masks to create a collage.
That probably exhausts what I know about The Gimp. If anyone knows
more they'd be welcome to come along and add to that.