[SLUG] Download writing to disc failure

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 09:56:46 GMT 2006

> Incidentally, I've just downloaded an MP3 someone sent me and it came
> down fine. So I have to work on which files/where are giving me
> problems. I'll be back.

Alright, so now I want to download RealPlayer for Helix so I can play
an MP3. It's 5.7MB and is heading for /home/rpms. The MP3 I downloaded
went into /home/work/etc, so it's the same partition. There's a weeny
chance I've run out of space, but this is the same behaviour that was
happening before.

The attached window shot is where it reaches and it just stays there.
I can only cancel, and then, of course, there's no file.

I have to download the file on another machine (which doesn't really
work in this case because I think Real senses your OS and sends you
the right file, and I'd have to do it on a Windows machine) and send
it as an email attachment, which is just bonkers.

So I wasn't dreaming it.

Any thoughts?