[SLUG] Download writing to disc failure

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 11:22:41 GMT 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 11:01:57AM GMT, Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> Al Girling wrote:
> >You might like to try wget to download RealPlayer, should at least get
> >you a copy.  Also, let you play with the command line more! ;)
> And why would you want Realplayer? I mean really...

Now I wouldn't want to go around questioning John's tastes in software
myself, but I know what you mean Steve! ;)

> If you have the KDE libs installed then I recommend amarok
> http://amarok.kde.org/ which should be available either by default or
> from Yum.

I think a more important thing to note is you should be using the
package manager to install software where ever possible.  The folks at
FC work hard to maintain security updates and every time you install
something outside this you risk a potential hole and more work keeping
your system up to date and secure.  Unless you really can't do without
that feature only available from the latest release you really should
use the PM.  It's another of the advantages we, as Linux users, have.
Why throw it away?

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>