[SLUG] Installing Linux for Lucy

Jamie Adams thefatsamurai at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 22:27:51 BST 2006

> OK, neither of those seem easy at all. I'm tempted to say "buy a basic
> soundcard and have done with it". Would that work?  Is the getout
> actually "SUSE Linux doesn't support the sound on this motherboard"?

Well, I guess it looks like it doesn't support it 'out of the box'.. so
you could say that..

(*cough* wuss *cough*)

Actually, as a second thought I checked to see whether a newer distro
would support it - namely the testing release of Ubuntu. That doesn't
either without some command line trickery.

New sound card looks like the easiest option. When you think how much
your time is worth in monetry terms it's probably more economically
viable too. I retract my hasty wuss statement.

:)