[SLUG] Ruby, Qt et al

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Wed May 3 10:38:33 BST 2006

Hi

Dave wrote

"What might be useful is to look as Inkscape as a vector tool and a flip
side to GIMP's bitmap/raster nature.  Inkscape would also come under
graphic design.

As for Ruby with graphics, there are some useful bindings to TK, GTK and
QT, ...perhaps we could have a show and tell."

As a casual programmer, who has recently got interested in Ruby, all I can
offer is a short (10-15 minute) introductory talk, explaining why I think it
a good language for a non-expert, with, say, a short example program. Ruby is
not that hard to read.  By the time we put it on I can add Qt graphics.
Hopefully other people could also contribute at that sort of length  to start
a discussion.

Bob