[SLUG] SUSE sound

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu May 4 15:19:06 BST 2006

Hi ppl

OK, new motherboard, now SUSE 10/Gnome recognises the AC'97, but I get
no sound at all.

I've plugged headphones into all the sockets. I've played with all the
volumes I can see (there's the master on on Gnome, but also one with
sliders for all the different channels).

There are some settings for 'buggy' AC'97 setups from -1 to 7 or so in
YAST, and another similar setting that I could play with but that's a
fair few combinations.

It's very unlikely but possible I've stressed the motherboard because
three of the audio outs were pushing against holes that weren't holes
in that stamped-out bit of metal you get .. very irritating, they push
out the other way.

Oh, and the other thing is I removed a couple of jumpers in order to
allow front-panel audio, so I could put them back.

Any other thoughts anyone?