[SLUG] Shocking SUSE sound thing

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sun May 7 14:07:12 BST 2006

Hi ppl

Shockingly, it works. Dave's suggestion about putting back the jumpers
about front audio worked, and I got system sound.

I followed the instructions in the article at
http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/2378/0/1/2/ (that may point to a
middle page of the article) and got DVDs to play in Kaffeine (but not
in any Gnome app).

MP3s play, RMs play, both in Xine (from memory).

So I think I'm about ready to pass it back to Lucy, just a couple of
things left to do (finding the missing case screws would be nice).

It might be tempting fate, but now seems like a great time to thank
you all for your efforts. We did it. Really, couldn't have done it
without you.

Cheers