[SLUG] Inkscape question solved

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 10:27:01 GMT 2006

Hi

My Inkscape problem of getting text to fit to a circle path in the
other direction was solved on the Inkscape mailing list by someone
called Tavmjong Bah:

>> If you download the file here
>> <http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk/logoTest/>*, you'll see I've got text
around a circle. The top text is fine, but the bottom text I want
to read from left to right.

>> I've tried all types of transformation, I've tried drawing the
circle
>> differently. I haven't tried making a separate path with a matching
curve, so I suppose that might work but it's a kludge. Is there a
proper way to do this or isn't it possible?

>You'll need two circles: one for the text on the top, one for the
text .on the bottom. Reverse the "direction" of the circle for the
bottom text
>by flipping it horizontally. Note, that the text is put with its
bottom
>along the circle. Thus, you will have to use two different size
circles.