[SLUG] Webcam talk

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Sun Oct 1 13:03:35 BST 2006

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> I have set up a webcam: <http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk/blog200609.php4#webcam>. I think
> it's the first time ever I've found doing something in Linux
> straightforward, although it used a lot of things you wouldn't know
> unless you 'knew': cron, for instance.
>
> If anyone would like to know how I did it, I'm prepared to run through
> it at the next meeting. All those in favour say 'aye'.

Thanks, John, I would be most interested.
I hope to be at the November meeting, but am not sure yet.  You may
remember that my wife was having a full hip replacement.  Very
successful, I'm pleased to report.  But we're only just at the beginning
of car travel again, and won't know for a week or two whether we can
make it from London (work and the hospital) to Whitby (home), for a few
days.  If we can, it'll be good to be back.
Apologies, nothing to do with OpenSource, all this, but I wondered if
people might be vaguely interested in where I was?  No harm in my little
delusions, I hope.
Martin