[SLUG] Talk? [Was: Re: Scarborough Digest, Vol 148, Issue 3]

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 4 15:34:15 BST 2006

Jonathan Worthington wrote:
> Bob Garrood wrote:
>> Sounds good to me.  Java uses a virtual machine. How successful has
>> that been?
>>
> Well, it's famously known for being slow.  ;-)

I'm interested in hearing about virtual machines. No specific questions,
but I'd be interested to hear how working on such a project works - and
how it differs to working on other software projects - e.g. the typical
example of a web-based software project.

> The football is on Wednesday evening, by the way - will anyone actually
> be coming to SLUG?!

All the more reason to, we'll be in the pub and can hear the
cheers/groans from another room :D

Steve O