[SLUG] Debian help please

Pete Redwood predwood at phonecoop.coop
Tue Apr 17 23:26:42 BST 2007

Thanks Mark
Not using a proxy. Ping is positive. That was the first thing I tried.

Now tried the KDE version of Debian 'etch' and everything works perfectly!
Have to conclude that there is something different in the way the Debian
version of Gnome works that my computer/router combination doesn't like since
I couldn't get it to work on my other machine last time I tried it.
Incidentally Ubuntu doesn't work either although I only tried the 'live'
version.
Happy with KDE. I actually prefer it to Gnome.

Regards
Pete
predwood at phonecoop.coop