[SLUG] Lug admin

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 11:01:12 BST 2007

Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> Al girling who used to run this will explain it to you better than I can.
> I know he is subscribed to this list
>
> Fintan
>

> On 26/04/07, Stephen O'Neill <soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> >> a few minutes a day and check if no good email caught in spam filter
> >
> >How often do you have to actively move anything - ie. could a few
> >minutes per day become weekly?

Hi folks,

As Fintan says, I used to do this job and you could leave your checks to
a weekly interval, provided genuine posts weren't left waiting.  You
might get fed up with the daily reminders from the mailman server
telling you about the spam needing your attention though.

Something I've done for the Ryedale LUG list is to set all mail received
from unsubscribed to auto_discard.  I've just tried to find how it is
done though, unfortunately without success.  I think it must be an
option from the page that allows you to choose to accept or discard
caught mail.

With auto_discard set, I simply receive a message to say that a message
has been dropped.  I get a copy of the mail with the senders details so
if it's important I can respond, but I don't have to log in to the
mailman page.  It's made life much easier and I'd recommend it.  Shame I
can't remember the specifics of how to turn it on/off.

Other than dealing with spam and caught mail, there's little to do
really.

I hope the group can find it's feet again soon, as it appears to be in a
poor way at then moment.

All the best,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>