[SLUG] Scanner setup

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 12:51:18 BST 2007

> On Friday 20 April 2007 21:19, john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>> Hi ppl
>>
>> My UMAX scanner stopped working .. I
>> bought an Epson V350 phot  .. I plugged it in and nothing's happened.

> Depends on which Linux distribution you are using but most Epson
> scanners seem
> to need additional firmware. Epkowa is the most likely source. Check
> out
> http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html.
> Pete Redwood

Thanks, did that, more or less. Actually I think found the same thing
here <http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/linux.html>.

They don't say it works with FC6, but does with FC5. When downloading,
I had the option of 'other' so I chose that and installed it.

Now the Scanner Tool says 'no devices available'.

Moving further through the installation manual, it says "If hotplug is
installed on your system ... ". I tried "man hotplug" and there isn't
a page.

How do I know if hotplug is installed on my system? I'm using FC6.

Maybe I'll try the FC5 one.

Cheers