[SLUG] Tonight's meeting

Simon Woolverton swolve at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 12:26:47 GMT 2007

Hi John,

Here's a Linux project specifically designed for older computers running DOS or Windows 3.1:
MuLinux (Greek for Micro Linux)

These are some of the addons they provide:
 SRV Server Extension (Samba,Smail,...)
 WKS Workstation Extension(mutt,ssh,PGP,..)
 X11 X Window (VGA-16,fvwm95, Afterstep, wm2)
 VNC VNC (zip, UPX,...)
 GCC GCC reduced (make,nasm,yacc&lex,Fortran, Pascal)
 TCL Tcl/Tk (with a lot of demos)
 TEX TeX typesetting system
 PERL Perl language and libc6 support
 EMU Wine,DosEMU
 JVM Java Virtual Machine (Kaffe compiler,sshd)
 NS1 Netscape Part1 (SVGA XServer)
 NS2 Netscape Part2

It is intended to be installed from a floppy disk. May be worth looking at: http://mulinux.dotsrc.org/

Simon