[SLUG] Wake on Lan

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 12:20:17 GMT 2007

> On 2/26/07, john at johnallsopp.co.uk <john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:
>> > Mike
>> > (Now living in Derby!)
>>
>> I used to live there .. Kirk Langley (on the Ashbourne road).
>
> Cool.
>
> I live on Green Lane (right next to St Peter's Church)

Near the arts cinema, assuming that's still there.

I'm from Long Eaton, which is halfway between Nottingham and Derby,
and Derby was always dirty and horrible, so we always went to
Nottingham. Derby's re-invented itself though, with a huge expansion
of its university and I imagine for bright young things it's half
acceptable now.

When I lived there, I really enjoyed its connectedness. Nottingham
isn't half so 'near' to places, somehow.

I always remember what a Lonely Planet-type guide said about Derby.
Basically: don't stop, keep driving.

:-)