[SLUG] A pleasant stroll and my computing background

DAVID KNIGHT davidknight24 at btinternet.com
Sat May 19 16:26:36 BST 2007

  Hi all again. I'm splitting this into two parts because I feel like being verbose.

  Re: Meeting last week that wasn't. Well I happen to live just opposite the pub so it was a 30 second stroll to and from the pub. It was a short, pleasant early evening walk. Alas no beer though, I made the mistake of telling the missus there was no meeting and so had to go back home to look after the kids whilst she went to the gym.

  I'm a relative Linux newb. I've had an interest in programming from a young age but no formal qualifications. I recently (in February) decided to try a distro of Puppy Linux which re-ignited my enthusiasm for Linux through it's ease of use(my only previous experience was a thoroughly unpleasant one about 10 years ago!). I have since converted my main computer to Ubuntu 7.04, have the kids computers running Ubuntu 6.10, Sabayon 3.3 and Puppy 2.14. Why? Because I like fiddling with computers in my spare time and I feel much more in control with Linux then I do in Windows.