[SLUG] Opinions wanted with accessibility issues.

Roy Hainsworth royh55 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 21 07:51:54 BST 2007

Hello
Re Linux Accces. Here at Scarborough Blind Association we have been experimenting with Linux for over a year. After trying out various "flavours" we have at the moment got "Mandriva 2007 free" installed on one of our PCs.
At home I am using "Suse 8.1" which works quite well apart from the usual hardware recognition issues
There are a few bits of accesibiity tools for Linux, but they are very hard to find and install and don't allways work,
The fact is that Windows are recognising the need for better accesabilty and each new OS has vast improvements built in (Vista), which to a certain extent applies to Linux.
If you would like to get involved and and bring some new ideas and help, that would be great, contact me.
Roy