[SLUG] Ubuntu

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 31 15:54:51 BST 2007

John Allsopp wrote:
> I'm thinking, do the desktop one and then add the server stuff after,
> the desktop being probably more complex to add to the server vsn. But
> what do I know?

That's exactly what I did. I am not sure whether some of the
configuration GUIs are different under the desktop - e.g. the service
control manager isn't as sophisticated as Fedora's which I think is
because I installed the desktop version.

Installing lamp was pretty much something like:

sudo apt-get install apache mysql php

Or the synaptic package manager is nice as you can search for what you
want and it shows you what dependencies will be needed (a bit like
yumex/pup in Fedora).

Steve O