[SLUG] SLG Meeting

Bob Garrood rjg at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 15 15:55:25 GMT 2007

On Thursday 08 November 2007 18:56:29 DAVID KNIGHT wrote:
> Just wading through my mailing lists and realised that I missed this. Does
> this mean that I missed the meeting? If so, sorry I must check my E-mails
> more often!

Hi
We did have an SLG meeting on Monday 5th, but it was, as we said before, a
social meeting at the Valley, not a learning meeting at the Resource Centre,
which had to be postponed.  It does not seem sane to start the new meetings
in December, so the December meeting (Monday 3rd) will also be at the Valley,
and the first of the learning meetings at the Resource Centre will be on the
first practical Monday in January, the 8th.

David, I have been looking at Puppy Linux, and it looks like a good place to
start.  In particular, the new version 3.05 will handle Slackware packages,
which will in theory make it easy to install kdeaccessibility.  That will
take us up to 3 distros.

In the Vista vs clay tablets debate, clay tablets were thought to win on
grounds of longevity.

Bob