[SLUG] Ubuntu Hardy Heron to include list of LUG in your area?

DAVID KNIGHT davidknight24 at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 16 13:30:42 GMT 2007

It appears the next version of Ubuntu 8.04 may tell the user about any local linux user groups in their area. Not sure if it'll materialise, but might be interesting.

quote taken from http://www.fsckin.com/2007/10/30/in-depth-roadmap-analysis-for-ubuntu-hardy-heron-804/

Identifying Local Users and Groups

This would be really slick.  After you put in your location( integrated
into the Time Zone selection), during the installation (or
post-install) you would be presented with information regarding your
local LoCo team and other local resources, such as a Linux User Group
in your area.  I’ve never been to a LUG or LoCo meeting, perhaps
because I needed to seek them out… getting a prompt every reinstall
might be annoying, but it would be a good reminder that they exist.