[SLUG] Initial thoughts on screen capture from Windows app

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 19:58:23 GMT 2007

Hiya

I've just installed a Windows app (that required a .net download) onto
my XP machine and I'd like to be able to send a screenshot from that to
my webserver every minute or so.

I can do the sending to webserver thing (I do that with my webcam), I'm
just wondering how best to capture the window the app's displaying.

Can this be done in Windows, or would I actually be better running it in
Linux (my preference, obviously). So in Linux if I run whatever the mock
Windows app is called, would I be able to grab a screenshot? And how
would I do that in Linux?

Just outline thoughts atm, I just wondered what's out there.

Cheers