[SLUG] SLG Poster

Bob Garrood rjg at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Oct 25 14:43:48 BST 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 17:23:58 Pete Redwood wrote:
> Text looks fine to me. Where are you going to put it up?

Hopefully in the Library, Maybe Tesco, and perhaps some schools if we can get
them to accept it.

> However, you've triggered thoughts of a problem I have with Gutsy and in
> fact all of Debian. I can't get it to recognise my network.

I have a problem, which may or may not be related.  When I try to automount
flash sticks or CDs in Slackware 12, it sometimes works, sometimes ignores me
and sometimes gives me a snooty message about Hal and security policy.  Is
there any reason why I should not just turn Hal off?

Bob