[SLUG] Contact details

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 11:40:29 BST 2008

Al Girling wrote:
> a bunch of folks with
> pointy heads and hand woven sandles

That's beautiful.

Yeah Facebook, but it seems out of place for Linux people. Facebook
feels 'not in the spirit of Linux', somehow. But hey, I must be wrong,
there are anarchy groups on Facebook.

For my part, I'm scuppered by my personal circumstance. Rightly or
wrongly, how I feel is that with my g/f having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,
that means she can't work, which means I'm working to keep my personal
ship afloat. It also means she's bored shitless all day, while I work
all day (and all night). So me coming out to a LUG meeting is
increasingly unlikely until she gets sorted, since any time-out I get
ought really to be spent together with my partner.

So for me, meetings don't work right now, lovely though they were when
they did. So for similar reasons I don't think I'm up for creating a
Facebook page to encourage people to come along to meetings. So if
someone else wants to do that, feel free.

What I really do appreciate, though, is the online technical support and
advice side of things. So my vote goes to building up that sort of
thing. The mailing list works a treat .. so perhaps emphasise that on
the website and get more to join. If we get more members then meetings
make more sense.

Plus, if we stay online, no-one can see we have pointy heads and hand
woven sandals.

My 2p worth :-)

Cheers