[SLUG] Helping hand

Des g3hko at talktalk.net
Fri Aug 1 15:01:38 BST 2008

Hello all,

As a confirmed but not very adept Linux user I would like to do
something to help.

I was, way back in the eighties in what I think was the first
Scarborouth computer group at the Talbot Hotel in Queen Street.

As the aim seems to be to attract people away from gates and windows
we need to be able to offer help and advice.  This is being done as John
pointed out and I have had help as well.  The facility should be
stressed in the web page.  In other words the list seems to be to be
adequate but underused.

I wonder if it would be possible to form say, a ubunto group where even
senior erks like me will be able to help some newcomer.  I am retired
and available most of the time but with the odd two or three days out of
town.

best wishes  and thanks

Des