[SLUG] Interesting ODF vs OOXML paper

Matthew Toseland toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 21 12:45:18 GMT 2008

On Saturday 19 January 2008 16:41, DAVID KNIGHT wrote:
> This might be of interest to those like me who don't really understand the
furore over ODF vs OOXML. It attempts to explain the current trends in
software, the possible motives behind Microsofts OOXML document format and
how the meeting next month in Geneva could affect all of us.

> http://www.consortiuminfo.org/bulletins/jan08.php#feature
> Scroll down a bit to reach the main article.

Nice. Some claims I am skeptical on e.g. the claim that most mobile computing
devices run Linux (most phones run some RTOS or other, and more win WinCE
than run linux iirc, no? or is my info way out of date?)