[SLUG] Contact details

Al Girling acgirling at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 20:50:19 BST 2008

Hi folks,

The group seems to be in rather a lull at the moment.  It's summer so
many people are on holiday etc, but I decided to write this as there is
talk on the lugmasters list about the forth-coming
http://www.linuxexpo.org.uk.  Discussion has mainly been about providing
contact details for all the LUGs so that anyone at the expo can sign up
to the mailing list for their appropriate LUG at the show.  They've
asked that lugmasters check the details at http://lug.org.uk/uklugs.
This shows Jamie as lugmaster and first contact still.

I last heard from Jamie after the earthquake this year on the RyeLUG
list, but he's not had active involvement in SLUG for a long time.

Is anyone prepared to step up and accept the role of contact for the
group?

It doesn't appear to be a good time for any LUG, but I'd like to think
someone will take it on.  Currently the mailing list admin and webmaster
both live outside Scarborough.  It would be nice if someone living in
the area took an active role in the group.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>
Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>