[SLUG] Audacity

Stephen O'Neill squid at thefloatingfrog.co.uk
Tue May 6 11:52:23 BST 2008

Pete Redwood wrote:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/audacity/+bug/202791
>>
> Thanks Stephen. Followed the advice and removed all JACK components. It
> now works!

Yay - the benefits of a large user base and active community contributed
bug logger/tracker are again displayed.

> Just hope I don't need anything that requires JACK before
> they fix it. The only thing I can think of is Rosegarden and I don 't
> use that now anyway.

Yeah, that is a slight concern - but if stuff's been packaged properly
presumably synaptic would have blocked its removal... though obviously
you may have plenty of locally compiled apps.

I read another thread suggesting that you kill pulse and jackd then
start audacity then restart pulse and jackd... but that sounds
complicated - hopefully you won't need to revisit this.

--
Stephen O'Neill
w: http://www.thefloatingfrog.co.uk/
e: squid at thefloatingfrog.co.uk