[SLUG] Help!

Pete Redwood predwood at phonecoop.coop
Fri May 9 22:03:44 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 21:07 +0100, Des wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> A couple of things which are baffling me:-
>

> 1.   I have tried copying my old LPs but with Sound recorder and Brssero
> I am unable to split tracks.  i.e. all my tracks are recorded in one
> session and it is not possible to play the resulting CD and select a
> single track.
> Is there a program which will enable separation and selection and also
> allow a bit of inter-track editing to insert name of music/artist etc?

Install Audacity. Then do a search with Synaptic for JACK. Remove all
files except libjack. (This is due to a bug in Audacity that prevents it
working with JACK)
Use Audacity to record each tune separately. Export from Audacity as MP3s to suitable folder. Then transfer MP3s to Brasero record list and burn.

> 2.  I cannot seem to print a complete A5 sheet.  I need to printout
> received PDF files on A5 size paper and use Evince.
> The printout starts half way down the sheet and print a half page before
> going off the edge of the paper.

Make sure your print preference is set to A5 in Evince, and use A5 paper upright in printer. Don't try and print on A4 and hope to cut it in half. It doesn't work!

--
Pete Redwood <predwood at phonecoop.coop>