[SLUG] External hard disc cradle

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 15:45:15 UTC 2010

Mac computer
>> Discs plugged into the external cradle, trigger the same message on my
MacBook "The disc you inserted was not readable by this computer:
initialize, ignore, eject". I didn't press initialize.
> The fact that it is recognising a disk says that it is working! The
problem is that Mac OSX can't read EXT3 natively (sorry, I gave wrong
info on that).

> Instructions here:
> http://ekettoz.blogspot.com/2009/06/mounting-linux-ext2ext3-partitions.html
>
> Ross.

Hi Ross

OK, I followed the instructions above and can see my disc with a /boot
partition which mounts automatically and I can see the contents, however
the disk1s2 partition doesn't automatically mount, and I can't mount it
using the instructions above (it says error while trying to open
/dev/disk1s2 )

Any thoughts on that?

I'm sure I probably set it up as a virtual drive (is that right?) so no
idea if that needs to be taken account of.

So very close ..