[SLUG] Windows 7 Home Premium opinions after 5 months use. Only 1 BSD!

Ross Kendall ross at rosskendall.com
Wed Jul 20 09:30:22 UTC 2011

Hi Alex,

I have a desktop with an ATI Radeon card, which I use with openSUSE
Linux and dual monitors. Unfortunately the open-source Radeon drivers
don't handle multiple monitors or 3D very well. As a result I use the
ATI Catalyst Proprietary Display Driver, which works very well for both
3D performance and using dual monitors. While it's not ideal from a free
software perspective, it sure beats using Microsoft Windows.

You can find the drivers here:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx
(one thing to note: you do have to re-install this after kernel upgrades)

Cheers,
Ross.