[SLUG] How do I stop Fedora maximising my windows?

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 12:39:07 UTC 2011

Hi

I've searched for this and can't find the answer.

In Fedora, if I move a browser screen out of the way to the side, it
resizes it to fill half the screen. No, I wanted it out of the way.

If I move it up, if I'm not careful, it maximises it. No, I just wanted it
up.

It does it with Firefox, and with Epiphany, but not with the file
explorer, so I'm not sure whether it's a browser setting or a Gnome
setting. I've looked in both and can't see a "stop/start being irritating"
setting.

At least one of you knows the answer to this. Care to share?

Cheers

01723 376477

Cost-free marketing: http://www.flowmarketing.co.uk/

Affordable marketing guidance for small businesses:
http://www.amilliontweaks.co.uk/

Effective marketing services for SMEs: coming soon at
http://www.surgemarketing.co.uk

Professional Internet marketing consultancy: http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk