[SLUG] How do I stop Fedora maximising my windows?

Ross Kendall ross at rosskendall.com
Thu Sep 8 12:57:54 UTC 2011

Hi John,

I'm not sure about Fedora/Gnome (I've been on openSUSE/KDE for quite a
while and don't experiment with others so often these days), but a more
recent feature with KDE sounds similar.  On KDE, the window resizing
(half screen to the side, maximise to the top) is only activated if I
move the mouse pointer within about 20px of the edge of the screen. If I
don't go that close, the window will remain the same size. I use 2
screens and find the feature quite handy for moving windows between
screens or tiling side-by-side in a single screen, so it gets a thumbs
up from me.

I'm sure there will be a way to disable it, and Stephen's suggestion
sounds on the right track.

Cheers,
Ross.