[SLUG] The usual request for help ..

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Aug 5 15:48:09 UTC 2013

Hi

So, the man came and fitted fibre-fast broadband, whatever it's called,
but no-one told me the router would have to be close to where the cable
punches through the house wall. So now I'm left with an ugly network
cable from the router around the house to my desktop machine.

So I bought a wireless dongle. It says:

1. Build up the drivers from the source code
       ./makedrv

Computer says
"Permission denied"

I did su.

What's my problem?

By the way, I copied all the files from the CD into my home directory,
and it's from there that I'm typing ./makedrv

I'm sure I'll have more questions later. This is just the current one.

All the best

John Allsopp, Online marketing, web development & social media
Learn Twitter marketing for the smaller enterprise: http://www.surgemarketing.co.uk/twitterForTheSmallEnterprise.php
http://www.surgemarketing.co.uk
http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk
http://www.amilliontweaks.co.uk