[sclug] ADSL Trouble

Rick Payne rickp at rossfell.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:28 UTC 2003

--On Friday, September 27, 2002 2:35 pm +0100 Philip Hands <phil at hands.com>
wrote:

> The two clasics were the way, after I moved to ISDN, that the PSTN lines
> poped back onto the bill a few months later, and to add insult to
> injury, the charged me for the installation of those imaginary lines.

I'm having the same problem. I cancelled my cable modem, and 2 months
later, they suddenly started billing me for it again. Fortunately, their
incompetance meant they never setup direct debit - so the bill is just
racking up. Their automated call attendant (which requires my phone number
twice, as well as my account number) always cuts me off before I get to
talk to someone in billing.

They're sending the threatening letters next door, and ignoring my letters
to them. I guess I'll be seeing them in court.

The cynic would say that this all helps to inflate their revenue, but as
they're in Chapter 11 - that hardly counts. I guess you have to put it down
to sheer incompetance.

Rick