[sclug] Gnome 2

Alex Butcher lug lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:29 UTC 2003

On 6 Oct 2002, Scott Rixon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been playing with Gnome2.. I have a quick question, if anyone
> else is using it!!
>
> I have found out that I need to set GDK_USE_XFT=1 to get AA fonts.. But
> I don't know where?

I set that sort of thing using a shell script in /etc/profile.d under RH, so
that it applies globally to all users on the host.

> I don't have a .xsession file in my home directory.. I believe this is
> because I am using a 'gdm' (What does that mean, I assume it is the
> little GUI that I select which session to use?)

Gnome Display Manager, a descendent of xdm (guess...).

> Help!
> Scott

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher        Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Berkshire, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?