[sclug] bright ideas?

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:29 UTC 2003

All,

A small problem to think about over coffee ;-)

In a moment of weakness I agreed to write a team selection
web page for a Kendo competition.  The code is simplicity
itself.  Print out a list of random team pairings.  You can
see the java script at:
http://www.knosof.co.uk/mumeishi.html

Unfortunately the organiser has Java script turned off in their
browser, does not know much about computers, and is not
that keen on switching it on.

Does anybody have any bright ideas?  Server side perl script?

I wrote a C program, but the output from a DOS program cannot be
cut and pasted (writing a win32 app is too much like hard work).  I
could send the output to a file, but then I have to explain about
files to the organiser, who knows word and can cut and paste.

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk