[sclug] Mozilla and NT Authentication

Chris Pugh chris.pugh at cimsglobal.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:32 UTC 2003

This message and its contents are subject to the conditions set
out at the end of this email

On Thursday 23 January 2003 11:28, lug at assursys.co.uk wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Chris Pugh wrote:
> > I use Mozilla as my browser but am having some problems accessing a few
> > areas on our Intranet.
> >
> > The pages in question use NT Challenge/Response Passowrds (I think also
> > called NTLM).  Mozilla gives an error as below:
> > ==========================
> > 401.2 Unauthorized: Logon Failed due to server configuration
> >
> > This error indicates that the credentials passed to the server do not
> > matcht he credentials required to log on to the server. This is usually
> > caused byn ot sending the proper WWW-Authenticate header field.
> > ==========================
> >
> > I have got every other aspect of Linux working perfectly and never need
> > tob oot into W2K, but this is really bugging me.  I have done plenty of
> > searches, but can't find any help.
>
> You need to authenticate using
>
> username: NTDOMAIN\DOMAINUSER
> password: DOMAINPASSWORD

This works for accessing all of the standard web pages where the Proxy Server
requires standard password, but not where the ISA Server requires NT
Chall/Resp. to access the page.

Cheers,

Chris.

Important: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above
named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error
to anyone. If you have received this communication in error please
notify the Cims Helpdesk by e-mail, (Helpdesk at cimsglobal.com) or by
telephone (+44 (0) 870 241 1234) and then delete the e-mail and any
copies of it. Any Incoming or Outgoing email may be monitored by us.

This communication is from Cims Limited, (company number 1008797)
reg. office: Wexham Springs, Framewood Road, Wexham, Slough, UK, SL3 6PJ
Telephone +44 (0) 1753 828 600 Fax +44 (0) 1753 662822
http://www.cimsglobal.com

Although this e-mail and its attachments are believed to be free from
any virus, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that
they are virus free.