[sclug] RHCE or LPI?

Steven Lane steve.lane at alphacourt.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:33 UTC 2003

Hi,

As this is my first post, I would like to say hello to the group!

I am going to study Linux with a view to certification either LPI or RHCE.
Could anyone comment on the merits of either?

I would consider myself still a newbie but getting better.  I can install
and configure a stand alone box, even with tricky hardware requiring
tinkering.  I think that I am going to replace Windoze finally with Linux on
all my PCs, and use Wine for MS Office / OpenOffice. I want to learn how to
implement Linux in the enterprise, and learn to use LDAP for user accounts,
Kerberos for access control, build secure servers, firewalls, and so forth
whilst taking a certification en-route. Any suggested reading material or
learning methods that are inexpensive?

Kind Regards

Steve

---------