[sclug] openCA / CA on Linux

Steven Lane steve.lane at alphacourt.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:33 UTC 2003

Rick,

Thanks for the response.

I need something of commercial strength without paying for something like
RSA Keon or Balitimore Unicert that includes certificate management and
certificate revocation.  I considered using Windows 2000 which is
satisfactory but not ideal. I want to investigate a Linux solution.  Ideally
I need a solution that is easy to administer and is able to interface to
PKCS#11 hardware for holding the master keys.

Whilst we are on the subject has anyone implemented FIPS 140-1 Level 3 /4
crypto hardware such as the IBM 4758 Crypto coprocessor under Linux and can
recommend / comment / point at information.

Kind Regards

Steve

Steven Lane
Information Security Consultant

Alphacourt Limited
The Integration Practice

Telephone: +44 (0) 1793 616199
Mobile: +44(0) 7887 933440
Email: steve.lane at alphacourt.com
www: http://www.alphacourt.com

Worried about security in a WebSphere MQ environment?
Want advice on implementing SSL for WebSphere MQ?
Come to "ask the expert" at http://www.alphacourt.com