[sclug] New person here

Yasir Gulzar yasir.gulzar at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:35 UTC 2003

Dear all:
   Just to let you know I joined the list yesterday and about to install
Linux for the first time. I know very little about the operating system
but bought Linux: The Complete Guide from WH Smith and will be using
Mandrake 9.0

My reason for getting to know Linux is two fold:
1. I was starting to feel very uncomfortable about relying solely on one
operating system (XP).
2. I am curious and want to know if the hype is justified!

I've heard very good things about the strength of the Linux community
and am looking forward to building my knowledge in this area, hopefully
with help from you guys. Wish me luck for the installation!

Cheers,
Yasir