[sclug] xine and jittery movies

Chirstopher West chriz_w at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:35 UTC 2003

thanks for the reply. It got me thinking about how the latency is callused
by the kernel. I did some googleing and came across this article which may
help explain why other people may have other latency problems with kernels
2.4.17 - 2.4.18

http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/~miguel/multimedia_sim/

for the moment im going to up the nice rating to get a good picture play
back but not by much thought, it seems a bit of a nasty fix. ill do some
more searching and if anything spectacular come up ill pop it on to the
board. But i think all ill recompile the kernel to 2.4.16 or below.
chris