[sclug] RedHat 9 issues

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at tmdg.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:36 UTC 2003

Hi,

	There are a number of documents on what HP Systems are
test with Linux but I think most of the certification stopped at
7.3  and Advanced Server 2.1.

	I just today installed 9.0 on an XA Kayak and had no problems.
Given that 8.0 loads ok it must be something a bit different in the 9.0
kernel.

	I'm not really an HP intel PC person I work on the PA-Risc stuff
and Itainium systems.  I see if anyone has an XU I can try and see if I
get the same result.

regards,
Tom.