[sclug] Suppressing dots in latex / bibtex

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:37 UTC 2003

Andy,

>| I am also wrestling with LaTeX for a book of mine.  Perjaps we
>| have enough people to start a LaTeX sig, sclugtex ;-)
>|

>'Fraid I've got nothing useful to add as regards the problem, but I
>thought I'd sympathise, since I'm sat here doing my dissertation in
>LaTeX at this very moment (2am on Sunday morning.. it's due in Tuesday ;) )

Sounds like your thesis is nowhere near completed yet "...it's due in..."
is in the future tense.  Now if you had said "... it was due in..."

You need to go download, build and install the latest version
immediately (I have not found any rpms for it yet)
ftp://dante.ctan.org/pub/tex/systems/unix/teTeX-beta/

>For all his incredible computing skills Dr. Knuth could use to tutoring
>in how to write informative error messages.... ;)

'Literate programming' is a big con.  Have you ever read any of
his code?

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk