[sclug] Poll: What languages are people using

Paul Vanlint paul at polyzing.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:37 UTC 2003

There hasn't been much discussion of coding at the meetings I've been
to, which was one of the reasons I sent out the email.

I think it is generally useful to know what people are interested in, so
I know what questions I can ask that may get sensible answers. :)

In return, if anyone has particular questions about C++, PHP or SQL I
should be able to give a good response. Your mileage may vary with other
topics but I can give it a go. :)

If there is a big enough interest in coding here, it may be worth us, as
a group to offer help to a worthy open source project. For those
interested, we could then use the project to discuss things at meetings.
For people new to coding, being involved in a development project is a
good way to learn. Maybe it will get more people along to the meetings
too.

For instance, I got in touch with the guy running the gnumeric project,
although I haven't really done much on it since.

Paul.