[sclug] Eclipse IDE

Tim Sutton suttont at onetel.net.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:40 UTC 2003

Hi

Well all the mailing lists on the eclipse site seem to be for developers of
the eclipse ide rather than using the eclipse id. I downloaded eclipse and
tried to install in on my mdk 9.1 box. I get an error during first load
complaining about xerces (sorry I am at home now & dont have the specific
error to hand). I just wondered if anyone has had similar problems and how
they got around it? I tried installing the latest xerces libs bu still no go.

On a more general note, what is your opinion of eclipse? How does it compare
to JBuilder8?

Thanks

Tim

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 9:03 pm, Will Dickson wrote:
> Tim Sutton wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > Has anyone installed the Eclipse IDE on linux? Looking for a few pointers
> > with the installation and where to find an appropriate Eclipse users
> > mailiing list.
>
> I've got Eclipse for win32 (yeah, yeah, I know :-); since much of it's
> in Java I'd expect them to be reasonably similar.  Is your problem
> something specific?

> Will.

Get my public keys from:

http://tim.suttonfamily.co.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2